Tuesday, February 24, 2015

M is for Meditation



Just as the city is waking up, every morning in the midst of my subway commute, I listen to woodwinds, drums, chimes, pianos, and chants.  With ear-buds in, my journal and pen come out, and I begin writing, letting the thoughts come and go, with no judgments and no attachments.  Focusing on my breath with each stroke of the pen and each beat of the song.  Expressing gratitude for all the blessings in my life, good and bad.  Letting the thoughts flow from my head, my heart, my soul, out of my body and onto the page.  Something about the music, writing, breathing, and motion works for me.  This is my meditation practice.  It started with just 5 minutes a day and has gradually increased 20-30 minutes over the past year.  Noticing myself with more calm, more focused, and things, people, situations that may have annoyed or troubled me in the past just don't anymore, reaction is just letting it all go! 

4 comments:

  1. Great blog site. Looking forward to reading many many more of your inspirational posts.....Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marcia, your comments are greatly appreciated and looking forward to your blog and pictures as well!

      Delete